Friday, September 01, 2006

I miss my husband

Even though he is not out of town... I hate being a State Fair widow. He reports to work at 6pm. His shift ends at 7am. Therefore, during the State Fair, I get to see him, maybe for a couple of minutes after he gets home, and for a little bit before he goes to work.

I got to see him when he was at work yesterday. I went to the fair, and met my parents at about 2. Called him at 3pm, to see if he was up and moving. So he headed over early to wander a bit with me. We met up around 4:30. He checked in around 6, and there was not much going on, so I got him until 7. I about cried when I had to leave. I have not seen him enough lately. Enough sap already?

So, Food yesterday. I made myself a smoothie for breakfast, then waited until I got to the fair to eat. I had a cone with honey ice cream, an ear of corn, 4 chicken strips, a beer, and a couple of sips of Eric's 1919 root beer. I was actually a little hungry when I got home... I guess the food there just was not calling to me. I don't know what it is - I passed up cotton candy, fries, cheese curds, mini-donuts, popcorn... and at home I ate some chips and dip. It makes no sense.

We were having fun doing some shopping. We put money down on a spray-on bedliner for the new truck. If we are going to haul stuff, we need it, as we already have several scratches in the bed, and I don't want them to deteriorate any.

I did get up this morning and go running. Did my 3-mile loop. 34 minutes, so not too bad. Once again, taking advice from my running magazine, I was taking it kind of easy, and worked on speeding up my cadence. Shorter steps, faster. I did 3 repeats of that. It was a completely gorgeous morning for a run. 58 degrees, sun starting to come up, I enjoyed the morning. Had I had a bit more time, I would have run further - it felt that good, and cheered me up so much. There's something to be said about all of those natural endorphins.

And the scale this morning STILL said 184.

Tonight is happy hour for my birthday. Tomorrow is a 5K race. Sunday and Monday is back out to Renaissance Festival. And next week is shaping up to be busy. I had a bunch of calls yesterday with people wanting my time next week. Good that I am needed, sucks that I go in such streaks of busy, and more relaxed. Such is the nature of this business: hurry up and wait.

I got nothin' else.

Happy Labor day weekend!
~a

1 comment:

Andrew McAllister said...

You're right. When it starts raining, then it really pours. Good luck!

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay