Monday, September 25, 2006

Woo hoo, Carrots!

Yes, I believe it has come to this.

I need to start writing down my food intake. And I can't seem to make myself do it on paper anymore.

So, today:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with some creamer - 3 points
Michelena's Lean Gourmet 5-Cheese Lasagne with extra vegetables - 6 points
Apple - 1 point
Boost, chocolate - 5 points
Soup at Hand, Chicken noodle - 2 points
Salad with 3oz turkey, 2T pine nuts, FF vinagrette - 5 points
Couscous - 3 points
Total= 25

Milk = 2
F/V = 5
Water = 6
(This will be updated as I eat food during the day)

Dinner on Friday night was lovely. I got dressed up, had a good hair day, and we went to a lovely dinner. I had the special, scallops crusted in lobster and crab with a tarragon cream sherry reduction, with blue cheese mashed potatos. We shared a bottle of wine, and a desert - white chocolate mousse. MMMMM it was devine. I took the first bite of the scallop, and I actually got goose bumps, they were so good. The waitress looked kind of suprised when I told her that, she said that was not a normal reaction, and that she would pass it along to the chef. I also guess it was the day for anniversaries... there were four other couples there for the same reason.

Saturday, I worked out at the Renaissance Festival. It was acually pretty nice until about 4, when it started raining. That cleared out a lot of people, and made it cold. I was glad that I had brought both of my capes, as my friend would have been very cold without the one I loaned her! It was kind of a long, tiring day... then I went to a housewarming party, where I ate too much of the party food: baked brie, pickle roll-ups, white chocolate, cheese and crackers, etc. I had drank enough at Fest that the beer and beverages were not attractive though...

Sunday was a nicer day at Fest. I bought a Ruth Thompson print for myself. It is "Thunderstruck" if you know her work - she does fantasy stuff, with a lot of cool dragons. I just need to figure out where I want to put it now... It was kind of sad, because it was the last weekend I was working. They are people that I don' t usually see for the rest of the year, so I swung through after my shift was done and said my farewells, and got a lot of hugs.

I did hear something about an "incident" that occured there last weekend, that just makes me sad and pissed off all at the same time. It appears that a good friend of mine was charged with 5th degree sexual assault. I don't know the whole story, but knowing my friend, that is not something that he would do. The person that told me about it (another good friend) said it was probably a case of the woman basically daring him to do something, then when he did it, she called foul. And now it appears that he's the only one that will be getting into trouble. It just pisses me off with how women can seem to do whatever they like, but when they push and inuendo without setting lines, and something happens, they set off a fire alarm. I know I have been uncomfortable out there, but I talked to the person, and we set things straight amongst ourselves. No harm, no foul. Misunderstanding occur. Deal with it without blowing it out of proportion, and without endangering the reputation of a person that can never be repaired. Even if the charges are dropped, he will always have that on his record. It makes me want to cry for him.

That being said, I have some projects I need to work on.
~a

No comments: