Friday, June 30, 2006

I need a goal

I need it for motivation. I do so much better if I have a deadline in hand. Or perhaps a plan that is laid out that I need to follow... well, that and a goal.

I'm not sure what I am trying to say. I got out of bed yesterday and went for a run. I was thinking I would do the same thing this morning, but I got to sleep after midnight last night - Eric got home from fishing at about 11, and then it was time to chat a bit...

I guess I need to have something I am working towards. Something big. When I had the half marathon in front of me, I knew I had to train in order to do it. The next race I am signed up for is a 5K in September. And I have the attitude that a 5K is nothing, a walk in the park, so to say. I'm considering doing a duatholon in August. Run-bike-run. But I have not signed up for it yet. I want to start going to spinning classes again. I stopped when I started concentrating more on my running. And I need to start again.

And the eating. I have written down what I have been eating since Monday. It has not stopped me from eating whatever I feel like eating in the evening. Why is that? I had one OP core day. The rest was just, to put it mildly, crap. I think when I do core, I need to incorporate more fruit and milk-type products - I just need to cut down on the empty carbs.... but not cut carbs out alltogether. Last night, I did avoid the beer that was offered and stuck to water, but then we went out for Mexican food, and the chip basket was right in front of me. I know, I know, don't make excuses.

There was a funny story from last night though - I went out with some friends of mine that I have not seen in a while. We get out on the patio at the Mexican place, after having drinks somewhere before that, so we all ordered soft drinks and water. Diet Coke with a lime, Sprite, Diet Coke with a lemon, Coke with a lime, water. Waitress starts to leave, turns around, and says "Well, I normally wouldn't ask, but the stings are out - Can I see an ID?" We all kind of look at each other, and say okay, but I asked why she needed to see an ID if all we were ordering was pop... she misheard the Coke with a lime, thought she heard Carona with a lime. She's a little embarassed about the confusion and leaves. We start making jokes about how now we get carded for soft drinks - 'I'm sorry, I'm going to need to see your ID. Oh, you're too old to be drinking a caffinated beverage this late at night, I'm afraid I am going to have to cut you off!'

It was pretty funny. Or you had to be there.

Tonight Eric is taking me to see The Devil Wears Prada. I am giddily excited about going to see the movie. I even spent too long at the computer last night watching clips from the website. And taking one of the stupid movie quizzes. And he said something about Chinese food for dinner. Perhaps I will actually stick to moderation instead of trying to stuff myself.

I'm going to try and unearth my bicycle out of the basement and go for a long ride tomorrow. Every time I do it, I remember how much I love riding my bike. I do need to get a new bicycle helmet though. Mine I think is about 14 years old. You are supposed to replace them every 5 years or so...

Feels like it is supposed to be a long weekend. Yet, I don't have Monday off, so it will be pretty much the same old weekend drill for me. With an extra day off next week. On a Tuesday. Yeah, that pretty much sucks. Not that I will hate having the day off, but I won't get to relax at all, as we are planning on driving up to my parent's house for the day. Then we will get to deal with holiday traffic. Oh joy.

Anyhoo, that's what's up with me. And you?
~a

No comments: