Thursday, June 29, 2006

Have not dropped off the face of the earth

I just have not felt like writing anything lately. My life is pretty unexciting, and I have nothing inspirational on my mind at the moment.... just busy with everyday stuff, mostly work.

I did make some inroads into some home projects last weekend though. I actually got my ass out of the house to go running on Saturday morning, then proceeded to totally sabotage myself at our Jaycee board retreat on Saturday afternoon/evening. I am not even sure what I had to eat that day, I just know I drank enough, and sat in the pool for way too long and ended up coming home and feeling completely bloated and miserable. Perhaps I should take this as the kick in the ass that I have been needing.

So Sunday, I finally hemmed the draperies I have been meaning to do for at least 6 months. I needed to let them hang to see how they woud need to be hemmed.... yeah, but not for that long. I also did the alterations on my friends clothes, and I put the decorator fabric over the roman shades in our bedroom, and even though they are not the most perfect thing in the world, I think they look great!

Eric even shocked me the other day, and got out the vacuum and vacuumed the living room and the hallway. And he did dishes yesterday morning. I asked him if he was feeling okay.

Eric has taken the boat to work today, so he will be going out fishing this afternoon after he gets off of work. I am going to take advantage of my time alone to get the house shaped up a bit more... the bathroom could use a good cleaning, and I have laundry that needs to get dealt with. A bicycle ride might not be out of the question either.

I have started writing down the food that I am eating too. Not that I am keeping to a program, but I will approach it with baby steps. I would just like to get back into the smaller sizes that I have in my closet. Sucks that I can't wear the cute shirts and pants I have.

Anyway, I need to get going, lots of stuff going on in the office today, and the President and CEO will be in for a visit sometime today - best to get in at a decent time.

Later y'all!
~a

No comments: