Monday, June 12, 2006

And another country heard from

I have not dropped off the face of the earth. Really.

It's been kind of a hectic week. With the weekend's activities and all. I had oodles of stuff to catch up on at work - then I was planning on getting things done on Sunday when things pretty much went to hell in a handbasket.

And I am serious about that.

If you don't know, I do safety work. You hope that you do injury prevention, but sometimes people get hit, literally. We had a near fatality on Sunday. Basically an ATV and a semi-trailer got into a head-on collision. Who do you think won? So the last couple of days and the rest of the week are going to be spent on dealing with that.

Running on Saturday was not so good. It was another off day. Sunday, I was going to go in the afternoon, but there was this thing that happened at work that I needed to deal with... Today, seriously, rocked. 4 miles in 41 minutes. And I kept telling myself that I needed to slow down and take it easy. I just need to keep it up, to stay at this level. The race is on Saturday. I was giving serious consideration to not going, because the runs were really starting to be sucky, but today was just incredible. I felt on the top of my game, and then some. I am so glad that I went to the physical therapist.

With that, I'm off to cuddle with the birthday boy. Well, his birthday is tomorrow, but I can start wishing him a happy birthday tonight!

~a

No comments: