Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Freakishly cold

I hate my cube. It has to be the coldest spot in the whole office. I should just quit trying to wear summer clothing to work, and instead pull out my wool pants and sweaters.

Seriously. I pulled out one of my measuring gadgets (sling psychrometer anyone?) which has a thermometer on it. 66 degrees. Farenheit. No lie. Last summer I would go for long walks at lunchtime to warm up. At the end of my day, I climb into my warm vehicle, and sigh in relief. The really sad thing, is that my area is cold in the wintertime too.

Enough of the complaints.

The Physical Therapy last night seemed to go well. The therapist measured the flexibility in my ankles, and the left was about 10 degrees less than the right. This is what was causing the problem - apparently the tendons around the ankle bones are too tight, therefore I don't have the flexibility in the ankle to do a proper stretch of the calf muscle. So she worked on mobilizing the ankle, and it appears to have much more flexibility today. Hopefully that will help to clear up the problem. Not sure why the ankle was acting that way - the therapist said that she ususally saw stuff like this after an injury, but I don't remember injuring it at all. I also had her take a look at my running shoes, and she said that they were good, looked in good shape and had a lot of good support. One of the bad things is that I am getting a bit flat-footed. I used to have high arches. I guess that is another good reason for wanting to loose weight - less pressure on the feet to prevent me from going more flat-footed.

I was planning on going for a run this morning, to see if things were feeling better, and if I could get a better stretch. I have two alarms set - my cell phone, and the alarm clock. I ususally hop out of bed to turn of the cell phone alarm, then wait for the other to go off before I get up for good. So when I climbed back into bed after the first alarm, Eric decided he needed to snuggle with me. Yeah, a run is not nearly as nice as snuggling with my husband. Ever. Therefore, I need to get my rear in gear and go for a run this afternoon.

Food yesterday was okay, but not great:
Breakfast: smoothie with banana, cherries and soy milk
Lunch: Taco bar. Lots of refried beans, lettuce, tomatos, chips and salsa
Dinner: Chicken Strips, popcorn, and beer.

Tonight, hopefully I will be making the tuna steaks I put in the fridge to defrost, but we have a suprise birthday party to go to at 6:30. Between work and the run I have planned, that does not leave a lot of time for food preparation. And I know that Eric will not be doing it. We talked about having him make dinner one night a week, but I am not sure how that will work out, as really, I won't eat a lot of the things he likes to make. Me not eating beef, and him not liking a lot of veggies makes it difficult... the other night I made him bratworst and leftover mashed potatos, and I had leftover honey mustard chicken with rice, with steamed carrots and parsnips. He would never think about making me a meal that was totally different than his, or if it was something that he would not eat, he would not cook it.

He's still a good man. I'm sure some of my habits drive him nuts too.

On that note, I need to get to some work stuff - I have at least 3 meetings tomorrow I need to prep for, and for some odd reason, people have decided this is the day that they need to call me to ask questions.

~a

No comments: