Thursday, August 28, 2008

Exhaustion

Lordy am I tired.

Although I was more tired yesterday. I think I am burning the candle at both ends this week. Tuesday, even though I had Monday off, felt like it should be Thursday.

I was out of the house Tuesday am before 6. Drove 2.5 hours to my destination to find that the supervisor I was supposed to meet there, was not there - he had something come up, and didn't remember to tell me... so I talked with the folks that were there, and did some inspections, went to the yard office, caught up on some e-mail, then drove back to my meeting with my vendor in Eden Prairie. The meeting went well, then we went to dinner. We had an Ahi tuna appetizer, and since I wasn't that hungry after that, I had two side dishes for my dinner - roasted root vegetables and rosemary mushrooms. Can we say yum? Okay, so I had a few beverages. And some cheesecake too.

Wedensday, because I skipped my scheduled run on Tuesday, I got up at 4:30am to get in 6 miles before my meeting at 7am. Then it was out doing some inspections and audits in the yard, and working on an emergency response plan with one of the supervisors. About 2:30pm, I could barely keep my eyes open. So I went home and crawled into bed with Eric, and napped for a bit. After he left for work, I started gathering stuff together for the upcoming camping trip, and discovered that my stepson had not returned the tent that he had borrowed a couple of weeks before. You kind of need a tent when you go camping. So I trekked over to his house, and then made a trip to the grocery store for supplies.

This morning, I folded and put away 3 loads of laundry, and emptied the dishwasher before heading to the office.

And this evening, because I need to drive to Superior in the morning to be there for a 9am meeting, I thought I should get in Friday's run tonight.

5 miles. felt like I was running through sludge. There is a reason I run in the morning - because in the afternoon/evening, I feel like I just tank. The scary thing is, I did it in under an hour. About 6 weeks ago, I was doing good to cover that distance in that time. Perspective!

But I'm just drained. Feel like I have no energy. I suppose it does not help that I'm hungry, but I just don't feel like eating. Nothing sounds good. Gazpacho I just made? Nah. Tabouli made with fresh tomatos from my garden? Nah. Ice cream? Nah. Granola bars? Nah. Pizza? nah. It just kind of sucks - I don't know what's up with me.

Anyway, gotta pack up for camping!

~a

No comments: