Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Long Time

It's been busy here.

Okay. Excuses, I know.

I kind of took last week off. I only ran twice - and three miles each time. I think I needed the time off. I ran this morning - a bit over 5 miles. And I was running less than 11-minute miles. And I don't feel completely exhausted. Success....

Had a good birthday on Friday. It's a little hard to believe I'm now 38... Eric was out of town, and with the insanity of the Fair and other things, we decided to go out for a celebration dinner on Monday, since a friend had given me tickets to a concert on Monday night. Billy McLauglin.

It was an interesting evening. It started out with us scampering around the house and looking in cars, in the boat, in the laundry down the chute for Eric's wallet. Nowhere to be found... so we went without it. We were a bit late for our reservation, but since it was a Monday night, it wasn't that busy. After dinner, we walked over towards the Ordway, and it looked a little dark and un-busy for a concert... so I pull out the tickets. Doh! it was at the Guthrie!

So we hop in the car and cruize from St. Paul to Minneapolis. Less than 10 minutes late.

And for a small break... It was the oddest thing. When there was a break, and the usher was leading us through the doors to seat us, I got this whiff of the theater. Gaffer's tape. And wow, did it bring back memories of working in the theater in college. You ever have a smell do that to you?

So there were two artists that played before Billy. The concert started at 7:30, and he didn't start until well after 9. It was good, but man.... after an hour and a half of acoustic guitar music, I was pretty mellowed out and tired. Of course it might be that I'm old, and want to go to bed at 9:30. Yeah, so at intermission, when we knew it was going to be longer than what we had on the meter we knew that we had to plug the meter. But all of the change we had had already gone into the meter.

There was a happy circumstance though - we ran into a friend, and borrowed some quarters. Like I said, an interesting evening.

Okay, now that I've rambled on about not much of anything... I'm going to go help my husband make some dinner.

~a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so did you guys ever find his wallet?? :)