Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hey dad, can I borrow the car?

I borrowed my dad's Mustang convertible for the weekend.

Friday was great, I took off early from work, and drove around doing errands with the top down, enjoying probably the last warm day we will have. Unfortunately the weather Saturday and Sunday did not cooperate as well. It's still fun to drive, even if you don't have the top down.

Things are still coasting along here - went for my last long run before my half marathon in two weeks.... 12 miles on Saturday. It made me tired, but I did it! Saturday afternoon/evening we went to a friend's wedding, and left the reception at 9pm, because I am old, and was tired.

Sunday was the last day at Fest. It's both a relief and sad, all at the same time. It's a lot of time involvement, but it's also people you only see during that time. Hard to believe that it was my 11th year working out there. Once I download the pictures off the camera, I will post up a picture of the new outfit I made this year. I will need to replace more pieces next year, but that will have to wait until other stuff gets finished!

Yesterday, I took the day off, and spent some time lazing around the house. I had good intentions of getting some house cleaning done, but was just able to organize some of my sewing stuff, and change the sheets on the bed and vacuum the rug in the bedroom. Other than that, I laid in bed and watched me some TV. I think I needed it.

I hate that it is dark so late in the morning now... but since it is cooler in the afternoons, perhaps afternoon runs won't suck as much. Need to keep in the game if I want to PR my half marathon!

On that note, I gotta go get ready for work. At least I'm in town all week.

~a

No comments: