Friday, September 19, 2008

Out of sync

that's what my week felt like - out of sync.

Monday, because of various things, I didn't go for a run in the morning. No big deal, I ran in the early evening, since it was just 3 miles. Easy peasy. Exept I ran somewhere that I had not gone before. And there was a mother of a hill. And I think it kicked my ass. Big time.

Tuesday, I had a meeting that went until about 2:30, then I had to drive to Thief River Falls. Got in after 8pm.

Wednesday, morning, after I slept like crud - I really hate poolside rooms - I knew I would probably have time in the afternoon, so I decided to do my run then. 7 miles. I had to talk myself into it, but I did it. Then went back to work to do some observations with the supervisor. And I don't think I got enough fuel back into my body.

Thursday morning, had serious low blood sugar issues. And I was tired. And had to drive back home.

Today - the alarm went off, and I didn't want to get up. And I felt just off for most of the day, so I came home to nap. And to get more refueled with some good carbs, protein and fat so I can do my 6 miles tomorrow. IN THE MORNING. Since that is what works best for me.

Tomorrow will be back in sync. Lesson learned: run in the morning, because that is what the body likes.

For some other news....
My house is a mess. I have like two million projects going on. I'm going in too many different directions, and trying to get in some decent training runs.

It is, however the crazy season.:
* Weddings (two in the next four weeks, had one in August) and I like to give crocheted afgahns as gifts. I don't know that they will be done in time for the next two. They will understand, right?
* Seems like I am always training for a big race that is at the end of fall. Which means that I spend a lot of time running, or doing other things related to that, like stretching etc.
* Renaissance Festival. I work there with the Shakopee Jaycees, as a beer wench. So the weekends are pretty much all taken up with that. And I like to make my own outfits... am working on one right now, that just might not get done this season, and I'm kind of disappointed in that. Hmmmm maybe it will be done for the last day, right?
* Life in general - with trying to spend some quality time with my husband between all of the stuff I am doing, and with all of his fishing tournaments that fall in September. And trying to find time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. (We will have been married 7 years on the 22nd!)
* Work - next month we start putting together safety committee plans for 2009, and there is a lot of groundwork that needs to be laid out.

Is it any wonder I am feeling the need for a vacation?

No comments: