Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend whirlwind

It was a full weekend.

Saturday, I got up early and drove to where my running group was meeting. I was there early so I could get in my long run and try and finish when the others did. 10 miles. And I ran the whole thing (well, jogged...) in under 2 hours. My Garmin told me that I burned over 1500 calories. I actually felt really good about the whole thing, and my knees were not hurting at all, which was a definate plus!

Then it was home to finish a garter for my friend... her shower was in the afternoon, and I made some gazpacho, and packed up clothes for the pool, and an overnight stay and my Renassance gear.

The shower was a pool party. It was really nice to relax and float in the pool. I even fell asleep on one of the loungers by the side of the pool. It was a fun time, and much food was eaten and adult beverages drank. There was even a break in the action to see the relay team with Michael Phelps win the gold. You wouldn't think of a bunch of women yelling and cheering at the television - but there we were!

Sunday it was up and out to the Renaissance Festival. Where it was stinkin' hot. Almost to the point of being unbearable. It was great seeing all of the folks I haven't seen since last year, and to do some catching up.

We had one customer that was just hilarious - without him even trying... he walked up to our beer booth, and I could see that he had been drinking/eating some sort of blue raspberry concoction. I told him to stick out his tounge - which was completely blue. I asked "How was smurfette?" which got a bit of a laugh. Because he looked youngish, we carded him. He hands my friend an ID, and we are looking at it... and I ask "you're under 21?" because over the picture, it says UNDER 21, and he starts getting all flustered and sputtering "I'm older than 21!" and my friend then asks "and you're a girl?"

He had given us his girlfreind's ID.

He was pretty embarassed over the whole thing, but took it very well.

We all laughed over that for the next hour.

Since it was really dead, we ended up leaving at about 5:30, so it was nice to get home earlier than expected. I ended up working on the "damn afgahn" that I am planning on giving to my friend for her wedding next Saturday (different friend than we had the party for this weekend), and I managed to get it to the point that all is left is the border. Thank God it is almost done. It has been a really slow pattern - I don't think I will ever make this one again - thus the damn afgahn! The plan is to get it finished tonight, then to work on a new Renaissance outfit.

On another note - I have a job interview on Tuesday the 26th. The posting said it was up to 50% travel, with maybe half involving overnight stays. To my accounting, that would be about 25% travel... 'cause if you say that out of the office is travel, I travel at least 75% of the time. And this job would be travel within the state only. I can live with that!

Anyhoo - it's off to think about making some dinner. Exciting stuff, since I probably haven't done that for two weeks because I have been traveling for work. (See how that works?) Home for dinner. Nothing better.

~a

No comments: