Monday, August 25, 2008

The game

today it was: figure out what we can get on Anneke's shirt.

We have:

Blood. from a lovely blemish on my chest that was just cranky...
Buffalo sauce. from a dropped piece of chicken dipped in said sauce
Water and napkin crumbles. from trying to remove the buffalo sauce
Beer. because I couldn't not spill my beer. Got my shoe on that one too.
More water. My water bottle top was not on tight, so it leaked. Go figure.
Greasy crumbs from cheese curds. Luckily, they didn't leave spots
Milk. Because there was just not enough there already.

I took the day off of work today, and I spent the day at the State Fair with my parents. We wandered around the grandstand booths, went to listen to some polka, watched a program celebrating minnesota's 150 years of statehood, saw the big pumpkin, watched the parade, and wandered on machinery hill.

It was fun. I ate too much, but what the hell, right? It's the state fair. And I had to see what else I could potentially spill on my shirt, right? I guess it is counter balanced a tiny bit with all of the walking we did. And the 3 miles I ran this morning (in 31 minutes, thankyouverymuch!).

Yesterday (Sunday), I played domestic goddess - I changed the sheets on the bed, picked up and straightened the guest bedroom (because my parents were coming to stay the night). Cleaned the bathroom. Decrapped the dining room table and put on the tablecloth my mother just made me. Sorted and did a few loads of laundry. Cleaned the kitchen. When mom got to my house, we prepped and canned some tomatos, made some picinic lunch, and headed out to a dedication ceremony then a "family picinic". We left the house for the two last activities at a little after 12 noon. I think I was motivated!

Tomorrow will be coming way too early, and will be filled to the brim. I am meeting with one of our supervisors and his crew out near Glenwood. They start at 6am. will NOT be there then, but I know I will be leaving the house at the butt crack of pre-dawn. Then I have a meeting with a vendor in the afternoon, which will then include dinner. Last time we did this I got home at 8:30pm... The rest of the week will be spent catching up on things at home, because I am going camping with some friends to Madeline Island over Labor Day weekend. Just don't want to hang around for the RNC all that much, being that we LIVE in St. Paul....

Lots of excitement.

~a

No comments: