Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Relaxed running

Well, I guess I did push myself a bit this morning, but after I was done, I was so energized and relaxed all at the same time.

3 miles. 32 minutes 23 seconds. I know, in the whole scheme of things, that's slow. But I broke the 11 minute mile barrier. I think that made me happier than anything.

Today, I drove to Glenwood for a meeting. They had nicely moved it from 9am to 11am, so I didn't have to leave at the butt crack of dawn. I even had enough time this morning to make coffee and eat some breakfast before I left. And the other success: I didn't break down and get DQ on the way home after not getting anything resembling lunch until well after 3 (hard to eat when you are on a locomotive, waiting for a signal to change...) but instead, went to Subway and got a Turkey sub and some Flat Earth chips. I don't know - I just have no desire whatsoever to do the whole weigh/measure/limit thing. If I'm hungry, I eat. And I am trying to stick to the healthier choices and just leave it at that.

And with the running, I'm feeling much better, stronger, healthier - and my pants seem to be fitting a little bit better.

And on another note, the job interview has been moved to the Thursday after Labor Day. I could have done it on the Friday, but that's my birthday.

Not much else going on, except the State Fair starts on Thursday, and I won't really see my hubby for those 12 days of insanity. Since he works from 5pm to 8am. The only thing that's nice about that is all of the overtime he makes.

Tomorrow, I have a 5 mile run on the schedule. Hopefully it won't be as warm as it was this morning.

~a

No comments: