Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Swimming

After my run this morning, I felt like I had been swimming.

Yuk and double yuk to the heat and the humidity.

But, slow and easy does the trick. 5 miles down this morning. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to run the whole thing, but I did. I was just slow... about 57 minutes.

Today, I spent most of the day in the office. It felt odd... like I hadn't been there in a while. Oh wait, that's right, I haven't.

Tonight, it's off to the grocery store to get a bunch of stuff. Like cheese. And vinegar. I don't think I have gotten any groceries for about three weeks - with all of the food in the freezer, and the stuff we have been getting from our farm share, and with me traveling and not eating said food, I just haven't gone. I think Eric might be suffering for it, but he's not complaining, much. His request was fruit: Nectarines, plums, etc.

My friend is getting married on Saturday. I kind of had it in my mind, back in February, that I would lose enough weight to wear my hot red dress to the wedding. Just not gonna happen. It's that whole treading water thing. Weight wise. I don't know why I can't be bothered to make an effort. I start out well in the morning, with my pep talks to myself during my runs... and then I just chuck it out the window. Not sure what needs to change.

But life goes on. Not like it's the end of the world - and I'm healthy. Do I really need more than that?

~a

No comments: