Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tired on top of tired

That was pretty much my weekend....

And last week was long, too.

Yeah, so I was in Chicago for three days last week, but at least the hotel I was staying in had a 24-hour exercise room. I did manage to get up both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings to run. 4 on Tuesday, 6 on Wednesday. Although I must say, I was definately wearing the wrong clothes on Wednesday. (Beware, this might be TMI) Chafing sucks. I mean, really. The shorts I was wearing kept riding up, and my thighs chafed (this is why I run in spandex...) but the sports bra I was wearing had a seam that chafed too... So sore boob and crotch, wonderful... and a whole day of instruction ahead of me (I was teaching a class) and then a plane ride to boot.

For the weekend, we were doing some spring cleanup/planting at a community center in St. Paul. My husband and I were running the project, and needed to be there at the 8am start. So, I decided it would be best to run before that... 5 miles (no biggie, right?) So run, 3 hours of gardening, then home. Where I decided since we were in the mode, I wanted to do something with our yard. So I cleared out the leaves and weeded the peonies, removed leaves from the window wells, and from the bushes and the ferns, amongst some other things... while Eric worked on wrapping a chain around the stumps of the bushes he cut down last year using the truck.

Yeah, I was tired that night after 5 miles, and about 8 hours of gardening stuff. So what did I do on Sunday for an encore?

Well of course, I got up and went for a run. I mapped out a route that was 9 miles (4.5 out then back). All well and good, but it turns out the Gateway Trail is under construction, and detoured. Since I don't have a gadget that tells me how far I run, I went to my originally planned turn-around point. And mapped what I had done after I got home. I went 9.5 miles. And it was hard, I ended up doing about 12 minute miles with the walking/water breaks.

And for an afternoon activity? We mulched the flower beds and the lilac bushes.

Yeah, I slept well.

And for this week? Believe it or not, I don't have any travel plans (unlike the last 3 weeks). The only thing I really have scheuled is the Twin Cities 1-Mile race on Thursday, where I plan to register for the Marathon.

I'm both excited, and scared at the same time.

So that's what's up.
~a

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see a post from you! I think excited and scared often go together, right?