Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dilated

I went to the eye doctor today. One, because I had not been since October of 2005. Two, because I have a "floater" in my right eye that I wanted to be checked out. I kept seeing this thing that looked like a fuzz when I moved my eye. So the deal is, sometimes the proteins in the vitrious fluid clump up, then you see these strange spots. It's pretty harmless, but annoying all the same.

The good news is that I am noticing it less - perhaps it is breaking up somewhat or my mind is getting used to it and compensating.

But, they had to dilate my pupils to get a good look at it. And I am wearing sunglasses in my office, otherwise the overhead lights are painful, and the white papers on my cubicle wall have these strange halos. Let's hope nobody thinks they need to drug test me (not that I am worried about the outcome!)

I made myself real popular at work this week... I went out into the field to observe a supervisor and employees, and the employees are now all cranky because I am telling them what the rules are, and that the supervisors are expected to enforce them. "But we've been doing it that way for xxx amount of time!" Yeah, doesn't make it right now, does it.

I went for a 5 mile run last night, and it really kind of sucked. I was into it for the first two miles (in about 20:30) but then I started getting a little lightheaded. I had eaten a farily large lunch (chicken, flour tortilla, cheese, refried beans, spanish rice), so I ended up walking about 5 minutes or so. I finished in a little over 55 minues, so it wasn't terrible, but not like the 3 miles I did in just over 30 min the day before.

And today I think I have discovered the reason - I tend to tank a bit with my exercise when I am getting my period. Glad to know it wasn't since I about killed myself trying to do too much last weekend.

Tonight I get to meet Jess for the TC 1 Mile race that kicks off the Marathon registration. It starts with the first Mile!

ta
~a

No comments: