Saturday, May 12, 2007

I knew something was off...

I went on a long run this morning.

And I ran the whole thing. I am very proud of myself. But, there was a fly in the ointment. I ran what I figured was a 10 mile route. Yep. 10 miles. Running. Me. Amazing, is it not?

But the fly: If it was 10 miles, I would have been doing 10 minute miles, since my time for said route was 1 hour and 40 minutes (well, and 59 seconds, if you want to be exact). I know I don't run that fast without pushing myself.

So I re-mapped the route. Turns out it is only 9.57 miles. Only. Would you listen to me? You might think I am a super-dedicated runner!

But, I have never run the whole route before. And I don't ever remember running that far, without any walking, at any time in my life. And the best thing: I'm not dead tired, and it was a pretty easy run. Methinks I am getting in shape. And another good news story - if you figure it out, it's about 10 and a half minute miles - which I still consider to be awesome.

On that note, I'm off to run some errands - I need to get flowers for my grandmother and mother for mother's day, from my sister, of course... I have better gifts!

Ta
~a

No comments: