Monday, May 14, 2007

My first ever....

And it brought a tear to my eye too.

I got a Mother's Day card on Saturday in the mail. From my stepdaughter. I guess I should have kind of expected it, since I saw the one she had mailed to my mother - but it still kind of took me by suprise.

Yesterday, I celebrated Mother's Day by going for a 5-mile hike with my 35 pound backpack, rushing home, showering, and then off to meet my mom, grandmother, and aunt (and their assorted spouses and family) for Sunday Brunch. There were 13 of us there, and we were all entertained by my cousin's daughter performing all of her dance recital moves for us in the restaurant, singing songs she made up. She's 4, and pretty adorable.

After that, it was off to do some shopping. A stop at the sporting goods store for some stuff sacks, getting my Mother's Day present of a new broom (When I asked Eric what I was getting for Mother's Day, he said "a new broom?" I thought it a good idea, since the one we have is old, and the handle is falling apart), cat food, and then a stop at Trader Joe's, since they have opened a new store in Maple Grove. I got some dried frut and trail mix for our backpacking trip, and some assorted other things you can only get at TJ's that I love (like chicken sausages!)

Oh, yeah, and after we got home, I did something like 7 loads of laundry.

I have more traveling this week - this time to exotic LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

Ta
~a

No comments: