Saturday, April 21, 2007

11 minute miles

Yep, writing about running again....

Just got home from my run this morning. It was actually quite relaxing. I didn't push myself, and ran what felt comfortable. I did my 7 miles this morning in an hour and 17 minutes. Nice, relaxed, 11 minute miles. It was actually kind of strange, because I was trying to work on my breathing, and I never really felt all that out of breath or that I was breathing too heavy.

I ran from my house, and around Lake Phalen. There were quite a number of people there, and I kept seeing all of these folks with University of Minnesota sweatshirts on bicycles... it appears that the were having a rowing (or is it crew) competition there. It was kind of neat watching the teams on the boats in the lake. And talk about some "buff" women!

Also, as I was running around the lake, I was pleased to see a man wearing a certain T-shirt - for the Labor Payne 5K race. Our Jaycee chapter is the one that started and runs that race. I was actually the one that came up with the name, it is on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, and it is run with the sponsorship of the Payne-Arcade Business Association. But it was neat to see someone actually wearing our race T-shirt.

Anyway, I need to get showered and ready - I am going down to Mankato with a group of Jaycees for the Mankato Jaycee's "Walkabout" which is a bar hop. It was a lot of fun last year, and I am looking forward to the same tonight. I plan to wear a "dangerous" outfit, as my husband likes to describe it - he told me I should wear a turtleneck instead, since he will not be there... but I like the compliments and the flirting too much!

Ta!
~a

No comments: