Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rain, Snow, go away...

I wanted to go for a run last night. But on my way home it was literally crap falling on my vehicle - rain mixed with snow.

I had already had a bit of a shock to my system on Saturday, when I went for a run with my group. We ran in the rain/drizzle in the 40 degree weather. Really not what I was used to after a week in Florida. I probably did not run as far as I should have to stay with the training program I am following right now - I am doing a half-marathon training... we'll see if I actually run the race since it's a week after I get back from Isle Royale, but my friend told me she would like me to run with her, and you can register the day of the race.

Sunday, I met up with the two friends that are going to Isle Royale with me, and we hiked hills wearing our packs. We logged about 6 miles. In the drizzle. And I was tired and STARVING when I was done. After I got showered and warmed up, we went to a friend's suprise birthday party (well, we got there after the suprise). The strange thing is, with all of the exercise I have been doing, alcoholic beverages just do not sound good at all. I was noticing that in Florida too.

Anyway (okay quite the ramble today) yesterday my training schedule said a 5 mile run was on the schedule. No way in hell I was going to run outside. So I did manage to motivate myself to do 60 minutes (and 6 miles) on my NordicTrack. Yay me! I have to admit that I seriously considered skipping the workout, but I preservered, and did it.

Yep. That's about what's going on. It's COLD here today (wind chill makes it feel like about 5 degrees F) and we will see what it looks like this afternoon when I get home. It might just be another NordicTrack afternoon.

I did pull out some Flounder out of the freezer for dinner tonight, but the fridge is looking pretty bare, since I have not hit the grocery store since before I went on vacation, and heaven forbid my husband should go shopping... unless he wanted something right at that minute... so that is what I have planned for this evening.

I just wish it would warm up some!
~a

No comments: