Friday, April 13, 2007

On again, off again

So I have weeks of great exercise and eating. And I have some not so great weeks of exercise and eating.

This was a not so great week. It started out with Easter. It would have been okay, if not for all of the "appetizers" that my MIL had out. Brie with slices of pear and apple. Shrimp and coctail sauce. Kettle chips. Cheese and crackers.

The meal was fine - I ate a small portion of scalloped potatos, carrots, peas, cucumber salad, and a roll. I don't do ham, which was the only meat that she prepared. Which is just fine with me.

Then there werethe deserts. And the Easter Candy. And too many Jelly Beans.

I also took a handful of jelly beans home with me, to eat that evening.

And I think that set the tone for the week. It really was an "eh" week. Monday, after I did 30 minutes on the NordicTrack, Eric and I went to the Jaycees board meeting to present a project, and I really did not want to cook and was hungry, so we went from there to the Chinese buffet by our house.

Tuesday, I had lunch out, and a long day, so dinner was pizza rolls and ice cream.

Wednesday, was driving to Enderlin, ND, then talking to folks there, and train rides. I did have some food packed, but they were having an employee appreciation cookout, so I ate potato chips, and baked beans for lunch. And for an afternoon snack. (They had bratwurst... but since I don't eat them...) I managed to get into my hotel at 8:30 pm. The good news was that I did have a "lean" frozen dinner with me that I heated in their microwave and that was dinner.

Thursday, I got up in the morning, and headed to the exercise room to discover that someone else was on the treadmill. So I did the stairclimber for about 25 minutes until she was done, then ran about a mile. Breakfast was fruit, and a large bagel with cream cheese. Lunch was a salad with real cheese and regular dressing. I did limit my driving home (4.5 hours) snacks to a 100 calorie pack, but then when I got home, I ate tortilla chips, with cheese and salsa...

I kind of decided that I wasn't going to count points this week. And I haven't.

I have had a couple of good moments:

  1. The two things I bought from the gas station convenience stores on my trip were: a slim fast optima bar, and a Sobe Lean. No chips, gardettos, etc, etc.
  2. I stopped at a Wal-Mart to get some snacks (and use the restroom), and did not buy any clearance easter candy... I got flavored water, and ritz mix 100 calorie packs.
  3. I started drinking a can of regular pop (root beer) on Wednesday, and ended up pouring out most of it, after I drank what I wanted
  4. The scale this morning said I weighed the same as last Friday, even though it was up a couple of pounds on Tuesday. (????) Although I'm not sure how that happened.
  5. I turned down a cookie at lunch on Thursday. I gave it to someone else, because I didn't really want it.

And that's about the sum total for the week. Hopefully next week I can convince myself to be "on again", and to lose some more weight.

On another note - Eric is out of town for the weekend, so I have decided that I needed some girl time... I am hosting a slumber party tonight at my house. I have light margarita mix, baked tortilla chips, and I am planning on getting some Papa Murphy's de-Light pizzas. And I have a 4-mile run planned for this afternoon before folks come over. It will be a night of "dishing, chick flicks, makeovers, and adult beverages." I am really looking forward to it!

Ta!

~a

No comments: