Thursday, April 19, 2007

40:26

Ran 4 miles this afternoon. In just over 40 minutes. I thought I had started out too fast, but I continued on, even up the long hill... makes me feel good! That close to 10 minute miles.

I didn't run yesterday, as I had a lovely drive back from Thief River Falls, and a friend of Eric's had given him tickets to the Timberwolves game for the eveining... so I pushed it to get home, and my legs were pretty much screaming at me for driving for so long without much for stretch breaks. I hate it when that happens.

Oh, and the game was actually pretty boring. The arena was pretty sparse, and it was their last game of the season, and they are not in the playoffs. The couple next to us were discussing how they were kind of glad that the season was over, so a fresh start could be made. And to prove how dull the game was... I said something to Eric in the third quarter, and getting no reply, I looked over and he was asleep! I guess we are an old married couple!

It's been kind of a blah day, and I really needed that run to get me in a better mood. I feel like I need something like the couple sitting next to us mentioned last night - a fresh start. Things at work are just getting me kind of down, and I need to work on turning that around. I think that part of it stems from the fact that I have been there for almost 11 years (gasp!) and I have been kind of treading water, doing just what I needed to and not much more. It needs to change, I want to be more excited to go to work. What that means I don't know....

Enough about me, how are you all doing?
~a

No comments: