Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Vacation

And, I'm back.

It was a good week of relaxation. And exercise, actually.... I went running most every morning with the sun rising.

Let's see, the short recap:

Friday, my flight got in at 10:45pm, and my parents picked me up at the airport in Tampa, then we drove to their RV which they have in a park in Ruskin. Bedtime!

Saturday, we got up and went for a walk around the park to look for alligators. A visit to the citrus ranch, some lunch, shopping, a dip in the pool, then dinner, then over to the neighbor's 5th wheel to watch a movie.

Sunday, a 4 mile run, off to Church, pancakes, a float in the pool, an afternoon walk to look for alligators (we saw 7!) dinner, then off to their friend's condo to watch the sunset on the beach. I got some great pictures!

Monday, a walk with my parents around the park. Water aerobics in the pool with all of the "old" folks, then floating in the pool until lunch. Then, we drove over the bay bridge to enjoy a beach near St. Petersburg, where we got to walk and pick up some shells, then bake in the sun, and cool off in the bay/ocean.

Tuesday, a 2 mile run, on the tour bus to the orchid green house, then a winery tour. Back at about 3pm, to a "cocktail" party.

Wednesday, a 5 1/2 mile run, then walked another mile or so. Breakfast, then off to see if we could see some Manitees in the inlet by the power plant... no such luck. Then to the friend's condo to visit, and there were 3 manitees in the canal behind their condo that we got to watch. Back to the park to float in the pool. Dinner out at an Italian Restaurant (I got grouper for my entre) then we watched the sunset on another beach close to there.

Thursday, a 4 mile run, a relaxing shower and getting ready (while the others were at water aerobics), lunch out on a deck overlooking the water (we saw a pink flamingo fly by!) and Shopping until we dropped! Out to a local watering hole for dinner, then I got everything packed up for me to catch an early flight home Friday morning, then out in the evening air, having drinks and chatting with all of the neighbors.

Not lots and lots of activity, but that is just what I wanted. The only down side was that I got hives on my arms from too much sun exposure - they started on Wednesday evening, and they are still bothering me. Thank goodness for benadryl cream!

No comments: