Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year

And what would it be without some resolutions? I'm not that big on resolutions, and why do they need to start on January 1st?

How about some goals?

How about one goal?

I want to run a marathon this year.

There's some various assorted things I need to do to get there, which I suppose could be resolutions: Eat better, lose weight, exercise more. but I know I'm not going to reslove to exercise at least 30 minutes each day. Because, you know, life tends to get in the way, and you need to be flexibile, or things are too stressful. Blah, blah, blah.

I'm about ready to hop back on the South Beach bandwagon. I kind of threw things out the window a bit since Thanksgiving. Like drinking too much beer. and eating Christmas goodies. And more wine than is "allowed" on the diet. Yeah. Spent Boxing Day (I work for Canadians...) recovering from my hangover on the couch in the living room. Drank too much wine at my husband's Aunt's house on Christmas, but I think it was the shot of Tequilla that did me in.

So it starts. Eric and I are going to Florida on February 27th. I would like to drop a few more pounds before then, and I want to make some inroads on building up my endurance. So from now until then (8 weeks or so) I am making a vow to not have any alcohol. Partly because of Christmas, but also for the fact that I seem to be drinking more wine to compensate for the sugar I am not eating. Hi. Can we say swapping one addiction for another?

And I'll try to get here more to write. Seems to make me more accountable for some reason. Whatever works, right?

~a

No comments: