Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I'm just a stomach flu away from my goal weight"

yep. Watched The Devil Wears Prada this weekend. Funnily enough, as I was couched out with the flu... the whole shebang, nausia, tossing of cookies, headache, body ache, chills. Good times.

I was feeling better yesterday, Monday, so I sucked it up and went to work. And it kind of wiped me out. Last night was another repeat of couch sitting, chills and body aches. Took a hot bath and crawled into bed.

The good news is - I feel almost human this morning. Other than the fact that I'm nervous about eating. Hmmmm, sick, and south beach diet. What do you eat???? Ummmmm, chicken broth, tea, applesauce (no sugar added, of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But otherwise, things have been kind of "eh".

I didn't exercise at all last week. It was just too frickin' cold. Didn't want to get out of bed in the morning, where it was warm and toasty. Evenings last week were spent cleaning/organizing as we had our annual party on Friday. "Thank God the Holidays are Over" was a good success. I figure we had somewhere around 50 people show up throughout the evening. and I allowed myself a break from the GADO for the night. Someone brought home-brew porter. I had to have some!

As of this morning, I am down 18 pounds since I started trying to follow SB in October. I'm prettty happy about that, but need to keep going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and yes, I know I have not updated in a while. This is what happens when you get new technology that allows you to check email, facebook and blogs without getting on the computer (iPod Touch), when work does not allow you to access blogs, and when the last thing you really want to do when you get home is fire up the work laptop, as it seems that your husband is always on the home computer (as he has no access to the internet at work) when you want to look at something.

I'll try and do better. I need a place to keep myself a little more accountable.

Plan for today:
Smoothie for breakfast
Who knows for lunch - it's a work meeting where they are providing food...
Dinner: Salad, as I have a bunch of lettuce (red, romaine, green leaf) that needs to get eaten up.

and I will be packing my workout bag with me, with plans of running at the Metrodome tonight. I will need to see how the day goes and if I am wiped out again... but I will have my things!

ta
~a

No comments: