Monday, January 05, 2009

Better, but not perfect

But I can live with the better.
Had dinner out on Saturday, and I stuck to the lean protein (chicken) and ate all of my veggies, some of Eric's veggies, and avoided the bread, the potato and the alcohol. And I did look pretty good if I do say so myself.... I managed to get my hair into a pretty elaborate updo. It only took about an hour and a half...








Sunday, was okay... I ate a couple of SB muffins I had made, and was pretty good, until my friend and I decided to go to the movies. We went to see Valkyrie. It wasn't bad. It was actually quite interesting, and you were still hoping that they were going to succeed with the plan, even though that's not how it ends. Kind of like watching Titanic, actually... you know it ends badly, but you still hold out hope. Oh yeah, and what's a movie without a large buttered popcorn? Not exactly on the South Beach plan. But there could be worse things. And I actually didn't finish the whole thing. I got full and stopped. Chalk one up for me. Okay, half.

Tonight I went to Book Club, where the host had made calzones. So I ate the filling, and a little of the bread (but not much), and drank lots of water. And avoided the box of Christmas goodies that was passed around. I was full, and didn't want anything. Okay, I wanted a cookie with a peanut butter cup in the middle, but I didn't cave in. And I am quite proud.

Since Christmas, I have lost 3 pounds. Nothing earth shaking, but it is a step in the right direction. I now need to not skip two days in a row of exercising. Tomorrow morning, I will get up and ride my bike in the basement. I have stuff on my iPod to keep me amused.
I've been having fun with my new iPod touch. I downloaded some podcasts of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, and started to listen to one at work today. After some loud chuckles and snorts, I decided I couldn't do that - my cubicle neighbors might think I was having some sort of episode... and it was hard to concentrate on work.
Eric's gonna be gone this weekend, and I plan to cook up a storm, to get some meals in the freezer for myself, and I am gonna clean, clean, clean, as we are hosting the 12th annual "Thank God The Holidays are Over" party the next weekend. Should be fun as always.
On that note, if I'm going to get up in the morning, I need to be off to bed.
Ta!
~a

No comments: