Sunday, January 25, 2009

box of clothes

I have a box of clothes sitting in our spare bedroom.

Mostly pants, all size 14 or larger. They are going to get stored away, and hopefully I will not need them again.

This weekend consisted of a lot of cleaning and organizing. Seriously.

I swept and mopped the kitchen. Cleaned the bathroom. Stripped our bed and the guest bed, washed the bedding and remade the beds. Did 8 + loads of laundry. Organized my husband's closet, including cleaning the floor. Got rid of the dust Rhinos under our bed. Tried on a bunch of clothes, and evaluated if they fit, were too small or too big, and put them away appropriately. Sewed buttons on my husband's shirts. Organized some extra buttons so now if I need one, I can find them easily!

And I cooked.

soup. Chili. muffins. pancakes. eggs. hot cereal. coffee. tea. hot chocolate (no, did not eat all of that, some was for Eric.) I wanted to make some food that I could take with me on the road trip to points west (Northern Minnesota, North Dakota) this week. Pretty much a dog and pony show for work. Woo. Definately no hoo there.

I'm just kind of worried about hotels. I guess there is some sort of Ag convention, and the admin person was having a heck of a time finding us places to stay. Not sure if I'm gonna have a treadmill, and it's supposed to be COLD, so I don't know that I will get outside.

But on a happy note, it appears my appetite has come back. I was worried, actually. How do you eat when your body doesn't crave any food? And you have to eat if you are going to work out, otherwise you have a nasty tendancy to get light headed and pass out... which was my fear this last week - I was in pretty bad shape Thursday after all of my activity (clearing out the snow dam in the driveway - or perhaps it should be called damn snow).

Just wish me luck in ND this week. I hear there are drifts up to 20 feet high. Glad I'm not driving by myself.

~a

No comments: