Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sugar Hangover

That was me this morning.

After a long day - I caved and stopped at the drive through at McD's and got a small eggnog shake. I remember them from when I used to work there, and I REALLY wanted one.

And I woke up at 4 this morning, feeling as though I had drank too much alcohol. Yep, the dreaded sugar hangover.

So why was it such a long day????

1. Slept on the hide-a-bed Monday night. Mom was in the guest room. Grandma was in our bed. Eric was on the couch downstairs...
2. Eric had to plow snow at 5am. Which meant that he had to get up at 4am. Since he was sleeping on the couch downstairs, I set my phone alarm for 4am, to make sure he was up.
3. Mom and grandma were at the house because my aunt was having surgery on Tuesday. She was having her gall bladder removed, and they had found a mass on one of her kidneys that they were not sure if it was cancerous or not, so they operated to remove the mass from the kidney at the same time (one anesthesia, one incision, all of that)
4. Sat at the hospital for the majority of the day. I left as my aunt was going into recovery, after the doctor gave us an update that the mass was benign, around 5pm. I needed to drive my grandma home, and she lives about a hour and a half away.
5. Drive through rush hour, got grandma delivered home, and headed back. About 8pm, I decided to run through the McD's drive thru. They forgot to give me a straw, but I managed.

Today:
Detox.

~a

No comments: