Monday, December 01, 2008

December, already?

Hmmmm. Okay, just a random dump of things:

Thanksgiving was good. Went to my sister's house in Oklahoma. The drive sucked, but what can you do. We drove part way on Tuesday, and stayed with a friend in Kansas City. We went for a run on Wednesday morning, which was good - although she said she was slow. Yeah. Like she runs 9 minute miles slow.... me, I can relax and do 11 minute miles. Got to my sister's at about 12:30 on Wednesday. Drank wine, ate some deserts, but did pretty well sticking to South Beach foods. Good news is: I didn't gain any weight.

We got a new cat. White, male, about 5 months old. Name is Ashland. We are calling him Ash. Eric's mother had him - she rescued him from someone who thought he was too rambunctious, and was going to do something dire. Edie also thought he was a bit too "frisky" so we took him home. Need to train him not to sleep on Eric's head at night. But he's very friendly, mellow, and cute!

Shower. Wasn't done when I took a shower this morning. Eric said he was going to finish it today, but I will believe it when I see it.

My stepson decided on a different career path... he's joining the Army. I guess his sister and brother-in-law talked him into it when they were here at the beginning of November. I think it will do him good, and give him more of a direction. At this point, he's going into avionics repair.

I ran a 5K. I kind of had it in the back of my head that I wanted to run a PR(Personal Record), but after not really doing any training since the half marathon... I didn't. I didn't do too badly either - I ran it in about 30 minutes. 9 1/2 minute miles or thereabouts. My best time is about 30 seconds faster than that.

I signed up to be busier next year. I am going to be on the board of the Jaycees again. Well, as a non-voting member - I'm going to be the secretary. I decided I wanted to be more active, and I thought if I was on the board, it would make me be more involved. It's also that I want to help and support my friend that is going to be president next year.

And that's about all I can think of. Other than I'm still doing pretty well at the South Beach thing. The pants I have been wearing are all too big. But I have a bit more to go before I'm in the smaller sizes that I already own. And I don't want to buy anything that I won't be wearing for that long.

~a

No comments: