Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Taking a week off

Of running, that is.

Seems like this week is a good one - I am in Calgary for work meetings this week. The hotel actually has a pretty nice exercise room, and a pool in which I can swim laps.

The plan is to ride bicycle and to swim for exercise this week. And stretch, stretch, stretch.

I tried going out for a long run on Saturday, planning on some loops from my house in case the hip/knee started being cranky. About 3 miles in to the 5-mile loop, things were not good. I actually talked to someone at the grad open house I was at on Saturday about the troubles I am having (I think she's a physical therapist or running coach or something like that) but my description of where the pain is, and the pressure point in the front of my hip that alleviates the knee pain, she figured I have a pinched nerve. She also suggested that I needed to do some abdominal strength work. And I knew that, but was ignoring it.

So I biked this morning. About 10.5 miles in my 45 minutes.

Now I need to hop into the shower, and get ready for a day of training.

Woo hoo.
~a

No comments: