Saturday, June 09, 2007

Alive, but definately busy

Yep.

I managed the whole Isle Royale trip.

and I am back in one piece. and I figured out what I needed to do with my knee so I would survive - it appears to be an IT band issue, and a judicially placed piece of first aid tape worked wonders! Especially the day we missed our turn, and hiked almost 16 miles, rather than the 10 we had planned.

All with 50+ pounds on my back!

I did figure, if I can do 16 miles with 50 pounds, up and down hills in a day, I think I can possibly handle a marathon.

Last week, back after the trip, I spent two days in Thief River Falls for work, then I spent the next two days out at a derailment, so there really was no time for updating here.... sorry! I am working up a description of our trip, which I plan to post when I get that done.

I also decided not to run the 1/2 marathon with my friend today. With all the business, and letting blisters heal, I figured it was the best thing. Plus I only got to run about 5 miles on one day this week - but I know I need to get back at it.

The other thing about my vacation: stepping on the scale Monday morning, I had lost 5 pounds. I guess 50 miles might just do that for you!

Running off to a friend's housewarming. And I promise, I will be running tomorrow!
~a

No comments: