Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What do you mean it's not Friday?

Sure feels like it should be Friday tomorrow. I hate it when that happens.

It has been a long week already.

I was at the rail yard until 10pm last night. And I was tired. And dusty. It was not as stressful as last year, I will have to say, but when you have to yell at volunteers for doing things that they should not be doing (and have been told to keep the parade participants from doing these things), you start to wonder why you are allowing these people on to your property. It is a working rail yard/intermodal yard - case in point, there was a train that departed a little after 5pm. People started showing up to line up at 4:30. Then there was the kid that I told him and his "adults" to cross the tracks or stay off of them. Then I find him LAYING in the middle of the tracks. Hello???? Yes ladies, you need to watch the children you are responsible for.

But, they have been finding more and more business for that yard, and I really think this is the last year that we are going to allow the parade to stage there. I just don't want to deal with the parade and truck and rail traffic. Too many kids, and not enough adults that care to supervise properly.

Anyhoo, I'm off to home, to grab my suit so I can swim laps/run in my friend's pool.

ta!
~a

No comments: