Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blog

I'm home all week folks...

And I seem to be busier than ever. Why is that?

So my random thoughts and other assorted stuff for the day.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. I called him in the morning (because HE is out of town, on vacation, fishing in a tournament) and had to be prompted to wish him a happy birthday. He's 48, the old fart! I'm planning on making him a fabulous dinner on Friday, and will give him his gift then. Note to self: buy husband's birthday gift...

It is hot outside. Yet still cold in my office. I hate that I have to wear closed shoes and my wool blazer in the office, or I freeze to death.

The scale told me I weighed 175 pounds this morning. After sweating buckets on my run, but hey, you take what you can get, right? So I have eaten Golden Grahams for breakfast, sushi and beer cheese soup for lunch, and some "flat earth" chips (yummy, by the way) and am sitting here pleasantly full. I have not been counting points since before Isle Royle, yet I am still not gaining... but actually losing. Hmmmm - cut out some of the crap, and stop eating when you are full. Is that how it works?

I'm wearing size 12 pants today. And they are not tight.

I bought an exercise outfit at Target yesterday: A running skirt and a top (okay, so I can't find a picture of the skirt). And darn, they were awful cute on the rack. I need to return them today, since I was not feeling the clothing love when I got home and tried them on.

We are haveing some folks over on Saturday, to celebrate Eric's birthday. So I have been madly working on some house projects. And my "new" sewing machine hates me. It keeps jamming. It's the machine that my mother has had for years, and she had it overhauled before she gave it to me, but it is acting up again. I think it is actually older than me - if I remember correctly, I believe mom sewed her wedding dress with this machine. So, I had to resort to using my "old" sewing machine, which I know is older than me. It was my great aunt's machine - I still have the reciept from when my great uncle bought it for her. In 1948. They sure don't make things like they used to! The house projects include making roman shades for the bedroom, and cushions for our wooden benches on the patio.

I also have a friend of a friend coming over tonight so I can look at doing some alterations on her bridesmaid dress. Damn, I love being crafty! (yeah, I'm also kind of cheap... why buy things when you can make them for a fraction of the cost?)

Oh running. Yeah, have not been doing enough lately. Got out and did 3 miles this morning. Taped my knee, but after sweating, it came off. I need to get one of those velcro straps. I bought something at Target that was "designed for women's knee pain" but it's a patellar (kneecap) brace, and does not support the IT band area. I guess I need to go into an actual drug store and browse their selection of braces, since it appears the tape is not going to work (or I need to get new tape - the stuff I used on Isle Royale worked!)

I think that's enough randomness for now. Have a great day!

~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

I bought my velcro knee band thingy at Dick's sporting goods -- I think it was $15. It totally does the trick, and I think we are suffering from the same issue ("Runner's Knee"?).

Anyway, I love it.

I got a couple of running skirts there too, and they were pricey but totally worth it. PLus, they have one of those rewards programs where you can earn points towards gift certificates and coupons and such.

And, WTG on the size 12s!