Monday, June 18, 2007

Pain in the...

Knee.

Yep. It's still there.

I bought myself a knee brace, and I don't think it is working so well - I think the brace is not adequate for what is going wrong. It might mean a visit to the doctor, and not a self-diagnosis.

I went for a run on Saturday. Waking up, the weather station told me that it was 68 degrees with 83 percent humidity. Blek. But, I did get out there anyway. Met, started out with at group of people, but dropped behind when I saw Jess. I trailed behind a couple of them for a while, until I had to start walking because my knee started hurting. Walked and ran the rest of the way, stopping to adjust the knee band, stopping to stretch, stopping to remove sand/stones from my shoe. 7 miles in about an hour and 20 minutes. I did it, but was not real happy when I was done.

Not sure where I go from here. I'm thinking about asking my friend if I can do some "running" in her pool, to keep in shape and not aggrivate the knee, and let it heal some.

and again.... Yuk.

~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Oh, I've heard that pool runnign is actually GREAT marathon training...

Does the knee-brace you bought have the extra velcro strap on top so that you can tighten the bar portion of the brace? I discovered that rather than tightening it where it joins behind the knee, tightening the top bar really made a much bigger difference. I assume you are doing crazy mad amounts of stretching? If i don't stretch, my knees, ankles, and hips are in so much pain...