Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sick

But I'm getting better.

I got home Thursday evening, and put myself to bed. My lovely hubby made me a bowl of chicken soup, as I requested, and I fell asleep around 10pm.

Friday, I didn't even consider going to work. I felt completely lousy. I got out of bed to pee, and to find something to eat. I watched a bunch of movies on cable (Actually watched "Fried Green Tomatos" for the first time, really!), and napped. I got up around 5:30 because I was feeling a little more human, took a bath, put on some "real" clothes, ate the dinner of spagetti that Eric had prepared, and I was done. I thought we might be going to a store to look at some stuff, but I had zero energy - back into bed for Anneke!

Yesterday, I slept until 9, putzed around the house for a bit, then started working on a sewing project that took the rest of the day. I made myself a fleece hat, scarf, and mittens. It would have gone faster had I cleaned and lubricated the sewing machine earlier, but hind sight is 20/20 right?

Today, we went up to have breakfast with Eric's sister in Caimbrige, and to his mother's house to see if we could find the reciept for the book she gave me for Christmas (one that I had purchased and read already), with no luck. On the way home, we stopped at the Circut City to return the case for the MP3 player that I had gotten for Christmas, with no luck there... they have a strict 30-day return policy. "It's written on the BACK of the reciept". AAAAAARgh. Um, it's a case. and it was $10. for cripes sake... I know I should not be aggrivated, but I really am. I most likely will not use it, as I prefer the one it came with. And they recommended this accessory to Eric - not telling him that they player ALREADY CAME with one. Am I irritated? That would be a "yes".

And today is the Superbowl. I am trying to decide if I want to watch it. I would just watch for the commercials, how completely sad is that? And there are definately other things that could get done - top of the list is laundry and packing for the three nights I will be gone this week.

It was actually nice to get outside today, even though the high temperature today was predicted to be -4 F. Yep. Since I have not been outside since Thursday, it was a bit of a novelty. It makes me glad that we have cars that run well in this sort of weather!

On that note, I am going to start getting things ready for dinner - Chicken and squash are on the menu at the moment. We will see how I feel like preparing them!

ta
~a

No comments: