Friday, February 23, 2007

MIA

And I am not even traveling this week. And I didn't go anywhere last week...

Big Sigh. I have been catching up on stuff around the office. And dealing with a huge project/analysis that they threw at me last week.

And someone asked me the other day if they had filled my equivalent position yet... the one that has been vacant since July..... 2005 that is. My response:

"Yeah, just excuse me as I laugh quietly to myself in my cubicle… it's either that or cry in frustration. They interviewed, again. And they plan to hire someone, again. But they have to jump through the hoops and the loops of our HR department, again. And now my boss (the person hiring, and therefore the person who would make the candidate the offer) is on vacation until the 26th. So it's a waiting game, again. And they plan to hire the person who took the job and quit once already…"

On another note - I have decided for Lent, I am going to exercise every day. No excuses. So Wednesday I got on the Nordic Track in the morning. Thursday, after work I ran 3 miles (in 33 minutes!) and I got on the NT again this morning. Tomorrow, I am meeting with the women's running group my friend has invited me to, and we will do a 3 mile loop around Lake Harriet, weather permitting (if we don't have the predicted 4 inches of snow!)

The run yesterday was actually pretty good. The first mile really kind of sucked, but once I got into it (I told myslef I was going to run the whole loop) I felt really energized and strong. I could have done more, but I'm not going to push it at the moment. I need to work on my 3-milers more consistantly before I start adding some more miles. Sitting here thinking about it really makes me want to go for another run!

This last weekend was actually pretty relaxing - and I needed it, but the food and beverage thing did not go so well. I got on the scale on Tuesday, and I was up 5 pounds. Yikes. So I am working on that.... I'm currently writing down my exercise, and my feelings about that, etc, and my food that I eat - but I haven't bit the bullet to figure out points. It's a start, right?

The other thing I plan to do for Lent, is to get some $ stuff under control. I am not going to go into a department store of a mall - I don't need any more "stuff!" It's quite rediculous, actually. My bonus this year is going to pay off credit cards. And I need to save money. My DH got put on a budget, but I can't seem to do the same for myself. I do well for a while, then I just cave, and go on a clothes shopping spree. It makes me feel good. I need to stick to the running endorphins, I guess.

Make it a great one!
~a

No comments: