Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Do what you say you are going to do....

Okay, so I did not exercise yesterday.

I'm using the excuse that I shoveled snow for about two hours on Sunday, and I was TIRED. I actually felt like I had run a half marathon kind of tired. And I know how that kind of tired feels... so yeah, about two hours of cardio work.

I had intentions of exercising yesterday afternoon, but I had a taste test I was going to do, and they had overbooked the study, so they paid me the $75 for showing up, and sent me home after being there for 15 minutes. So what's a girl to do? (And no, I did not go to a mall or a department store...) I called my hubby, and told him my story, and he asks if that means I am taking him out to dinner.

Since I had some errands I wanted to get done, I went home, gathered up my husband, and we ran errands: Drop off library book, pick up another, filled out the paperwork to cancel my Y membership (not using it, thanks - much easier to run out my door than pack up to go to the gym), went to REI and tried on backpacks for my backpacking/camping trip (I want to get the pack so I can do some training hikes with it), went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner, then went to Warner Stellion to look at a freezer - our freezer came with the house, it's ancient, and does not close properly, therefore we have to defrost it way too often.

So the short version is that we got home after 9pm, and I don't want to do anything that late at night that resembles exercise, which just tends to keep me awake.

I know excuses, excuses.

I did, however, get in 45 minutes on the NordicTrack this morning. And I got out the ab machine I have, dusted it off and did some exercises on that too.

I am kicking around the idea of enrolling myself in a half-marathon training program. The coach of the women's running group I have now joined is offering a spring program. I am not planning on doing a half this spring, but doing the program would have the benefit of getting my legs in better shape for the trip to Isle Royale. And heck, perhaps I could do a smaller race, to see if I improve my PR. Then also I can continue training for the marathon I want to do in the fall. The information session is tonight, and I am debating weather to go or not. And I am leaning toward "not" at this point. I'm still going to run. And continue to train. And to get my legs under me and in shape, so I can do some more serious training all summer.

What's a girl to do?

Thanks for letting me babble.
~a

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having shoveled snow for 4 hours straight before, I completely support your rationalization and declare that snow shoveling counts as exercise!