Tuesday, February 13, 2007

V-day Eve

And I am sitting at home by myself.

Spent most of the evening, watching some TV, and working on a baby afgahn for a friend of mine. So am I a geek if I am really wanting to go visit the knitting and crocheting show at the Mall of America on Saturday??? I will admit it, I want to enter into the contest to see if I can crochet faster than the average person, the finalists can go compete in New York. Yep. I'm offically strange.

I had a really "A-HA" moment last week, with regards to getting into shape. I got into the hotel at a fairly decent time, and spent about 25 minutes on the starmaster, and ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill. And the running just felt good, with the music cranked on my mp3 player. Jess talked about how she was dedicating her yoga last week to her uncle, and I am unoffically dedicating my hiking/camping trip to Isle Royal at the end of May to my sister... not that she has what you would consider a "life-threatening" illness, but she is diabetic. As in needs daily doses of insulin. As in would never be able to go out for days at a time without facilities with which to keep her insulin supply refrigerated. I'm doing it because I can. And I know I can.

Of course the feeding of my face the entire weekend, and the absence of exercise was not a good thing. I believe my "experiment" of not tracking what I eat, and planning to get in shape is a failure. If I don't write it, and hold myself accountable that way, it does not happen.

So, I am writing things down again. I got myself a new cute little pink memo notebook, with a rubber band around it (gotta love the stuff at Target) and I am writing things down. I am also writing notes to myself about the day there too, to keep my head in it.

And tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I told Eric that I didn't really want anything, and that I was not planning on getting him anything... but I think that was after he already got me something. Sometimes he just does the darndest things. Like the year that I had lost so much weight, and was cold a fair portion of the time, he bought be two cashmere cardigans "to keep me warm when he was not there to do it for me." Yep. Offical sap. He also pointed out a restaurant on Monday as we were on the way home from the grocery store, and asked me if I had ever eaten at it, and if I wanted to eat there on Valentine's day. An Indian restaurant. He does not really like that kind of food... but I REALLY hate going out to eat on Valentine's day, so I told him I would rather have a nice dinner at home. And so we shall.

In that vein, tonight I looked through my low-fat, and weight watchers type cookbooks, and I think I have set upon what I would like to prepare: Shrimp in a cheese sauce (lf cream cheese, and ff feta, spices, etc.), some sort of potatos (probably mashed) veggies, and "strawberry granache" for desert (basically frozen strawberries, pureed with some sweetner and a small amount of lemon juice). And perhaps a glass of wine.

Anyway, I'm off... it's bedtime for Anneke, if I want to get up at 5:30 am to exercise again in the morning. I did 45 min on the NordicTrack this morning, and I plan to repeat it tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won't wake up during the night to hear the retching of the cats again. The only good thing about hearing it, is that you know to look for it - it really sucks to step in that with bare feet in the morning!

On that note-
TA!
~a

No comments: