Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Guest of the Day

I walked into the hotel last night, and saw my name on the board that I was the guest of the day. I got upgraded to a suite at the Holiday Inn in Minot, ND. Woo hoo, glamour abounds!

It was actually kind of funny - it was two rooms, and I swear, there was more floor space than the 1-bedroom apartment I used to rent. The bad things: the refrigerator froze my baby carrots and broccoli that I had packed for afternoon snacks while I was travelling. The wireless internet was being finicky, and kept kicking me off of our e-mail system. The plug on the jaccuzzi tub did not hold water in the tub. I woke up in the morning with the beginnings of a cold, and did not have the energy to get up and run. And lastly, the room was too stinkin' big - it took quite a while to gather up all of the things that I had scattered about the suite of rooms. Ya well, what do you expect?

I had a couple of good laughs today. At the meeting this morning, someone brought in something he had printed out, an item that was for sale on e-bay... I kid you not, an "Authentic North Dakota tumbleweed" I guess it takes all kinds. So in the van, driving with my co-workers, one of them kept looking for some to go rolling across the highway, so he could chase one and pick it up - a new get rich scheme! Of course there were none rolling at the time. We did notice some snagged in some trees by the side of the road, but he wanted to "catch a live one" it just was not sporting if he just picked up one that was not moving!

Okay, I guess you had to be there. Take my word for it, it was pretty funny.

I get to go home tomorrow! I get to go home tomorrow! I get to go home tomorrow! It's been a long week of traveling. And next week, I get to do more traveling. It sure is a challenge eating correctly, staying up with e-mail and phone calls, and finding time to exercise. To top it off, it appears that I am coming down with a lovely cold.

But, I have NO plans for this weekend. I plan to stay home, prep and cook some food for my book club that is in a couple of weeks, and relax. Do some laundry? Perhaps. Only if I really feel like it.

I got nothin' else.
~a

No comments: