Thursday, January 25, 2007

3 days in a row

I exercised!

I went to the Y yesterday to get a printout of what I paid in membership dues for 2006 (our company reimburses about half) and ran on the treadmill. 3 miles. I had some new music on my mp3 player, and it really got me going and motivated. I think it will be a good friend - I am quite happy with that gift from my DH.

I have my bag packed and ready to go this afternoon, but I am going to play it by ear. I have a few things that need to get done tonight, one of them is meeting some girlfriends for drinks and commiseration - a good friend of mine had her father pass away on Wednesday.

I was talking to Eric last night about getting myself motivated to get more into shape, and why... one of them being the trip to Isle Royal in May, the other being that I want to run a marathon this year. He got a pretty surprised look on his face with the second reason. I guess I had mentioned that I would think about it, but did not tell him that I was planning on running the TCM this year. He said that he would need to get organized to resume his volunteer position of running the clock at the finish line so he could be there for me that day. How many people can get a hug and a kiss from their spouse as they cross the finish line of a large race like that?

Anyway, I'm motivated for now. Here's to keeping it up!
~a

No comments: