Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday - finally!

My morning started out pretty well.

My phone alarm went off at 5am. I think I remember waking up arounfd 4, but managed to fall back asleep. A few snoozes on the phone, and thinking that the person in the next room needed to turn off his alarm, which had been souding since 5am, I got up and put on my exercise clothes. It was then I discovered it was MY alarm going off. It sure was quiet... I'm glad I was not counting on that to wake me up! The person at the front desk who was nice enough to give me the key to the exercise room commented that I was up early. Um, it was about 6am - later than I usually like to run... I got in 3 miles this morning, better than on Tuesday when I got in about 2.5, walking most of that.

Yep. I had planned on exercising more than that this week, but I could not sleep on Sunday night, and was dead tired. I made the mistake of drinking a sugar-free Red Bull (hadn't ever had one before) at about 6pm, near the end of my drive. It sure gave me a high - but not the kind that makes me shaky, like coffee - I was thinking it might be something good to have in the morning before a race or a long training run to get me going.

We had the last day of safety meetings this morning. My 8th day in 2 weeks, sitting in bad confernece room chairs. My back was really hurting me yesterday. I think it's a combination of all the driving, sitting in the conference room chairs, and the fact that the waistband on my pants is a little too tight.

Yep. My pants are too tight. What does this mean? It means that my intention of eating healthy and exercising needs more discipline than I have been giving it. How, I'm not entirely sure... I don't want to go back to counting points and being afraid to eat something, but I think I need to cut down on the alcohol, sweets, and "empty" carbohydrates.

Eating has been a challenge this week though, since I don't eat beef. They have been providing lunch at the meetings, but it has been a huge beef fest. I think they are trying to see how many ways they can serve beef. And ham, which I just don't care for. Monday for lunch I ate spanich rice, mashed potatos, salad and bread. Tuesday was better, some turkey on a bun (or I could have had ham) potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans. Wednsday I ate noodles, corn and a bun for lunch. Today was pretty good with half of a turkey sandwich with tomato and lettuce, and a bowl of chicken rice soup.

On the drive home, I was thinking my ear felt somewhat funny, so I made a doctor's appointment to see if I had an ear infection. I have only had one in my life (when I was 29) and it was miserable - it took 3 rounds of antibiotics to clear it up. Turns out I must have a low-lying cold, because there is fluid behind the eardrum, but no infection. The Dr. told me to take sudafed to help with the pressure, but there was really nothing else to do but just wait for it to clear up. He also asked me if anyone at home was sice. I said no. Then I said, well, I think so, but I haven't been home since Sunday!

Well, I have a day off tomorrow, to get ready for our party. I'm hoping I don't stress out too much... I suppose if the house is not spotless, people won't really care. And most of the food is done, I just need to set it out.

Wish me luck!
~a

No comments: