Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Because it does not know the words

Our house has a funny hum to it when the heaters are going. I think there must be some sort of blockage or air bubble in the hot water pipes, but dang, it's kind of annoying in the quiet of the morning, trying to figure out what the strange noise is!

Back at work after a week out of the office. I know I can access e-mail pretty much from anywere, but cleaning out my inbasket can be a task! I am now down to 150 messages. And waiting for my vendor to show up to take me out to lunch. I'm trying to decide where I want to go.

Friday's party was fun. Not as many people last year, but still a respectable showing. I guess e-vite does not send out reminders anymore, unless you tell it to, so as a result I believe a number of people who said they would come forgot about it. I was not stressed at all about getting the house cleaned and food prepped on Friday (took the day off of work) because I had gotten most of the food ready before that day, and the house was in pretty good shape to begin. We still have about half a keg left, but we will be bringing it to Jaycee convention this weekend. My last "official" duty as a 2006 board member.

Today was day 2 of getting up in the morning, and NordicTracking for 45 minutes. And 50 crunches and stretching. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my gym membership. I pretty much just use the treadmill when I go, and if it's nice outside, I would rather run outside than in. The NordicTrack will do for now, and I think I will save up some $ to purchase myself a treadmill for at home. It's less of a hassle than going to the gym - I don't have to spend the extra half-hour to 45 munutes in travel time, etc.

Sunday, I met with some friends to plan our hiking trip to Isle Royal. I am darn excited about it, it will be some long days of hiking though. Which is why I have to get myself in shape. Eric and I looked at some hiking boots and backpacks last night. The trip is planned for the end of May, before the black flies hatch.

I'm actually in town all this week - it's kind of a novelty. But, the next two weeks are going to be another whirlwhind of travel. To the exotic places such as North Dakota, and Northern Minnesota! It's been nice to be at home and be a homebody. I might (gasp) cook dinner for two tonight!

Nothing else exciting going on... or at least anything I can remember.
ta!
~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Oh no! You can put me on the list of people who assumed they'd get an eVite reminder and didn't! I missed your party!

I am also thinking about cancelling my gym membership. It's only 20 a month, but since I bought the treadmill, I've only gone once....