Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend's wrapping up!

I wanted to do an update on the exercise. I finally got my rear out of the house to go running. I did 3 miles this morning, easy, and acutally ran the whole way. And it felt great.

Yesterday did not go according to plan. But what does? I went downstairs to get a dent made in the laundry, and the basement, as always really was making me depressed. My husband, much as I love him, is not into making things organized. At all. He has all of these books on how to organize, and how not to be messy, but things are always a disaster. As much as a perfectionist he is about some things, this is not one area that he feels the need. Pretty much ever. He saves all of this stuff, because he might want/need it someday. But if you can't find anything, what good does it do you? And then all of the crap masks all of the stuff that you really need, like the lawn sprinkler. It's pretty shameful actually, our lawn. You wouldn't know that Eric has a degree in landscape technology by the shape of our yard.

So I spent about 4 hours in the basement, straightening. And ignored eating for a long time. When I could not stand it any more, I ate a couple of tofu & Spinach eggrolls (Trader Joe's, and quite yummy I might add) and the rest of the Pina Colada from the night before. Then Eric came home, and I pretty much yelled at him for all of the crap all over. He said the least I could do would be to greet him first... which I had told him hello when he came home... but I was in a much better mood later than I had been when I was discovering more crap, on top of crap, under crap.... at least I did something about it instead of being pissed off and eating because I was pissed off.

Today was a day with my sister, my parents and my two nieces. We went out to brunch, then headed to the mall. Lots of trying on of clothes ensued. I ended up with three nice outfits, and my sister got a bunch of stuff for my nieces - school clothes shopping, if you believe that for July! But, things are less expensive here, because there is no tax on clothing.

Anyway, I had to go into the office this evening to get something done (got a call from one of the VP's as I was in the dressing room) and I won't have time to do it tomorrow before he needs the info. So I get to go home and fold all of my laundry. Joy.

Woo hoo, carrots.
~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

OMG, your basement / husband / crap sounds awfully familiar... I always feel so bad when Chris comes home mid-cleaning-rant and I just YELL at him for being an certifiable pack rat. Sometimese I think he truly has a compulsive hoarding problem. I bet my basement is worse than yours. ;-) And we're supposed to be FINISHING IT this year. Seriously, I could probably dig up the parts to rebuild likee 10 cars out of the boxes of crap in the basement.

Sigh.