Saturday, July 22, 2006

Cribbage and Frozen drinks

That was the theme of last night...

I had a friend over last night to "even" out our cribbage games from last October. We were camping last October, and having a mad, mad, mad time of it. Friendly game, lots of laughing, but we stopped after we had each won one game.

So we played 3 games last night. I won two. Woo hoo!

And I made dinner, so she brought the fun drinks. B-52's and Pina Colada's.

Moving on, until last night, I have been journalling, but no exercise. It's been a crazy week with work and other stuff. My boss was in town for a meeting on Thursday, and I thought we would be able to meet to talk about my PMP (Performance Management Plan, yanno, what I am supposed to do this year, etc) but the meeting went extra long, and he had to leave before it was over to catch his flight. He pulled me out of the meeting as he was leaving to tell me that there are more changes happening in our department, and there is a 99% chance that he will not be my boss anymore. Which really sucks, 'cause I like him, and I think we had a good understanding of what is going on, and he was giving me really good support with the folks here in the US and now I get to have someone new. And I don't know who it is, because I am terrible at guessing these things. I hope that I can work with them though!

My sister is going to be here tomorrow, and we are going to go shopping. I think we just might brave the Mall of America - we can entertain my nieces some at the amusement park there. I also want to go to IKEA which is next to there - it's time to get a bed in at least one of the guest bedrooms... Curt took his bed and the two futons when he moved out (my stepson), so we only have one bed (ours) in a 3-bedroom house. We do have a pull-out couch, but I want to have an actual guest bedroom. (The third bedroom will be my office/sewing room.)

On that note, I need to get some laundry started, then I am going to look over my bicycle to see if I can go for a ride. I need to get going if I am going to make that 1000 minute challenge... especially with the week I have next week!

ta
~a

No comments: