Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ouch.

A friend of mine sent me a note yesterday, to wish me a happy birthday (yes, I turned 37 yesterday) and to ask me if I was running on Saturday.

I'm not running for two reasons -

1. The group meets at 8, and I am volunteering at the Renaissance Festival, and need to be there at 9:30. With the hour drive, I would not be able to make it.
2. Because I'm not running. At all. It hurts. And it really makes me sad.

Do you know how much I would cry if I could not run any more? There is absolutely nothing like a runner's high, and the tired exhaultation you have after going for a long run. You have to be a runner to understand. I guess this means I am a runner.

So, here's the story... I went to the PT on Friday (8/31) and since I was still having pain, and worse than it was before, she said it was time to go to the Ortho. But, I should still do the activities (cardio) that did not hurt me, to keep in shape - if there was something simple I might still be able to attempt the marathon. So I got on the NordicTrack bright and early Saturday morning. 75 minutes, and 8 miles.

And the knee hurt. Not while I was exercising. But that day, just walking around. And it hurt the next day, to the point where I was walking without bending my knee at all, because it hurt. And the next day, it was giving me pain while I was driving.

Something is definately off.

I have an appointment with the Ortho on Monday. We'll have to see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Secondly, I hope they get your knee fixed up for you so that you can run again because I know you love it!