Sunday, August 26, 2007

MIA

I feel like I have been gone for weeks.

But, in reality, it has been only a week. I went to visit my sister in Oklahoma for a week, to help her around the house with the kids, and with my BIL. And he is doing much better. I helped to get him moved to a new facility on Friday. He's out of the hospital, and in a rehab place that specializes in treating people with brain injuries. He seems to be doing so much better, I won't be suprised if he gets "kicked out" in a few weeks... they say the "usual" length of stay there is 2 months, but I don't see him being there that long.

It will be good for him, but it's really kind of a depressing place - since it is for people who have had brain injuries, it's pretty much locked down, so people won't wander off, or try to "escape" as they put it. There are very strict visiting hours, and you are not allowed visitors outside of those hours. One of the main reasons he is staying, is that it would be about a 45 minute drive (one way) to get him there, and to pick him up, and my sister would have to drive since he can't do that yet. But, once they get him sorted out and evaluated, hopefully he will be able to be home on the weekends.

So that was a lot of my vacation. Sitting in the hospital. Taking my nieces to the movies (Underdog), cooking food for my sister, and other general laziness.

I drove down there on the 17th (well to Kansas City, and stayed with a friend). I went for a run Saturday morning - 3 miles, and it was awful. Hot, knee hurt, and I had to stop at a 7-11 to use the bathroom in the middle of my run. I planned to do a long run on Sunday... and I got out at 5:15am with my new Garmin (new toy!), and went 1/4 of a mile before my knee started screaming at me.

as in "bitch - what the hell are you trying to do to me?"

So I went back to the house and crawled into bed, and went back to sleep.

The only exercise I got all week, was a bike ride on Thursday. Okay, so I went 17.5 miles, and was out for about an hour and 20 minutes...

But that's it for the week. 'Cause my knee has been bad. Like hurts to walk down the hall bad. Not sure what's up.

Oh yeah, and I stepped on the scale this morning, and I gained 5 pounds. Happy vacation!

~a

No comments: