Friday, August 10, 2007

She moves, she grooves...

Is it really Friday again?



I feel like I have been in over my head, a bit. Marathon training sure sucks up a lot of time!



Not that I am complaining. I love the way I just clear my head, and am able to really think about nothing when I run. It's definately a sanity check.



So an update on life... I actually talked to my BIL on the phone on Monday. I guess he babbles quite a bit! He told me that he gets confused if he has to think about a lot of things. He did remember that I work for the railroad, after I told him I had gone for a train ride. But, he also told me that he had gotten hit several times, (and I can hear my sister in the background say "No...."), then he revised it to, he got hit in several places, (and again my sister says "no...."), then he says, that he had many injuries.



After work, I met up with a friend of mine, and we went cruising around in the convertable - down Summit Ave, north on East River Road, across the river at Franklin, then south on West River Parkway to Minnehaha Falls. We had a great time enjoying the wind in our hair, looking at all of the houses, and just plain relaxing!



Tuesday was a pretty low-key day. Got up early and hopped on the NordicTrack for an hour, off to meetings at the yard, then back home to work on some reports. The evening was spent running some errands, and to bed early.



Wednesday, I got up at 4:45 am. Went for a 7.5 mile run. No earth shattering pace, but it was fun to be up and out of the house in the still of the morning, and I was able to see the sunrise over Lake Phalen. It was also a day of driving. I drove to Superior for a meeting, then headed to Fargo where I was staying the night. I had packed food with me, and for supper, I found a park, and ate my salad with turkey, parmesan and pine nuts at a picinic table. It was a nice break during my drive.



Thursday, meetings until noon or so in Fargo, then it was the drive back in the afternoon, so I could make it to my next physical therapy appointment. Things with the knee are going pretty well, actually. I am having a lot less pain, and as long as I am keeping up the exercises, I think I will be able to keep up the training.



And this morning was pretty good. Eric was up and out to work early (left the house at 5:30), so I got up and dressed, and was running at 6:00. 3 miles was on the schedule, so that's what I did... in 28:37. Yep, that's right! under 30 minutes for 3 miles. I wanted to push and see what I could do. I started the timer, and didn't look at it until after I had stopped it after my 3 miles. Yay me! It kind of makes me want to sign up for a 5K, to see if I can get a PR... but I have kind of decided that I will be sticking to the training schedule, and not running any races until the marathon.



Tomorrow, I will do 10 miles. Then, my mom will be here, we are going to get our hair cut, then go shopping.

Anyway, that's the skinny.
~a

No comments: