Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I would rather have my toenails pulled out

I was home last night, putzing on the computer when the phone rang.

I didn't recognize the number, but I picked it up anyway. The person on the other end of the phone asked for my husband.

Me: may I ask who is calling?
him: This is ---- from ---- I am calling about a entry form that Eric filled out at Bass Pro Shops.
me: Is this about a time share presentation?
him: yes, and a vacation
me: well, you already called, and we said we were not interested
him: what was the reason you were not interested in the vacation deal?
me: I told my husband that I would rather have my toenails pulled out than to sit through another timeshare presentation
him: okay then..... thanks

and then I hear him trying not to burst out laughing as he is disconnecting the call.

You would think they would take us off the list. How more point blank can I be?

And among other assorted news:

I had an MRI on my knee this morning. I have an appointment with the orthopaedist on Friday to go over the results. I also need to bring him my running shoes. At this point, I am kind of scared to go running, for fear of damaging something. I might go for a walk though. I love this time of year, when it's about 55 to 60 degrees in the morning, and it is just envigorating. It is quite sad that I won't be running tomorrow morning at 5am.

I talked to my brother-in-law tonight. I wanted to see if he had any words of wisdom, as I have a job interview tomorrow morning, with the company he currently works for (well, of course he is off on medical right now...). He had some good things to say, and I can really tell that he is making more progress. He got out of the inpatient rehab, and is now at home each night, and I think that is really good for him, and much better for my nieces. My parents are staying with them, so they have been driving him back and forth to the rehab each day, so my sister can work and take care of other things. He is still not back to what he was, and perhaps will never be completely back, but he is continuing to make good progress.

And that's what's up here.

~a

No comments: