Tuesday, September 25, 2007

All sorts of randomness

So how's life?

Mine feels like it has somehow gone bezerk, then ground to a halt.

And this is what has been going on:
  • because I can't run, somehow, I thought I would just not exercise. at all. Very very bad idea. no exercise means very cranky Anneke.
  • Eric and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday. I felt like I had not seen him for a month, and it was kind of weird "getting to know" him again. Seriously. Between the state fair, my trip to my sister's, his weekend trip to a fishing tourney in Brainerd, my work travel, his week of fishing in Canada.... You will be happy to know we still like each other!
  • After figuring out what had made me so cranky last Friday, I went for a walk. 5 miles. It was really good - except for the guy who decided he needed to honk his horn and flip me off (and the person who was just ahead of me who was jogging) as we were both on the side of the road. Hello - show me where there is a sidewalk in that particular 50 feet, and I will use it....
  • Friday at work was just a prize. I pretty much got into an argument with someone on a conference call, because he thought I should be doing something that is not my responsibility. Something that my boss has repeatedly told people that it is not my responsibility. It is a supplier issue. Not a safety issue. Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I threw a pretty good tantrum at work, slammed a door (and EVERYONE in the office heard it) and left early because I had horrible heartburn. I don't get mad real often, but I guess it is worth the price of admission.
  • I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago. The hiring manager called me on Saturday to tell me that even though I was well qualified, and that I interviewed really well, I didn't get the job. Makes me wonder if they had someone already picked to fill the job before they did the interviews, because he asked that if they had a similar position open up elsewhere, would I consider relocating?
  • Sunday was about a perfect day. We visited some friends of Eric's at their cabin, and I got to do my most favorite thing in the world - sit on the deck in the morning with a cup of coffee, looking over the lake.
  • We had a friend of Eric's stay with us on Friday night, and he was doing the usual getting to know you thing, and he asked me if there was anything else that he should really know about me. I told him I was pretty much a homebody at heart. It makes me feel so good to have a clean house, laundry all done, and a fabulous dinner on the table for guests.
  • I got rear-ended yesterday on my way home from work. I was stopping behind a line of cars that were stopped at a light, and knew the person behind me was going to hit me. I pretty much stood on the brakes after I got hit to avoid hitting the car in front of me - I was successful. So we pull off the road, and this guy comes over to say he saw the whole thing, he was a witness. The lady that hit me tried to say that I had stopped quickly in front of her, but both this guy and I said that she had been following to close/going too fast - her reply "so it's all my fault then?" Why yes, it was.... Even though she hit me, I did not hit the car in front of me. And she was the one that got the ticket, not me. It's my company vehicle, so now I get to deal with all of our company paperwork, and insurance, and repairs and such. Oh, yeah, and I'm fine.

So that's pretty much the update.

That, and I need to work on losing weight again, I can tell... my arms start going to sleep at night when I am in bed, and I am starting to have some heartburn issues. Good times. Now where on earth did I stash that motivation?

~a

No comments: