Monday, September 10, 2007

PSA - don't make regrets necessary

It's been kind of a shocking couple of days.

I found out on Friday that a friend of mine had killed himself on the 6th. It is just so sad.

The funeral service was today, and I am glad that I was able to make it. It was also sad, because I think one of the last few times I had seen my friend was when he had gotten married in the same church. I guess I had been closer to his wife/widow, but we had all kind of gone our own ways in the last couple of years.

The group of us knew each other from working in a haunted house that is no longer running. And we all talked about how we should have gotten together before this. It was nice seeing folks, but also so incredibly sad that we have not all seen each other in years, and have not kept touch.

The priest talked about how his family and friends would be thinking about the "could have, should have, would haves" but there is nothing to do but get past that, because what is done is done. But it still makes me wonder what would have happened if we had all stayed in touch and had that camaraderie and support that he evidently needed.

So, don't make those regrets necessary. Make sure you let the people that are important to you know they are important. In this day and age there is no excuse for not staying in touch... how much effort does it really take to sent an e-mail, or to make a phone call?

~a

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry... I assume thsi was a tunnel of terror person?

You are in my thoughts.
~Jess